Schools will allocate grades to students this year, based on evidence that students have produced throughout the taught course. Students will not be graded on course content they have not been taught, due to the impact of school closure.
Schools have been asked to use a range of evidence for this process. The final deadline for us to submit grades to the exam boards is Friday 18 June. Prior to this, the evidence will need to be collated and checked against exam board guidelines. The evidence base we will use at Midhurst Rother College for this process is as follows:
· Mock (internal) exams taken in November 2020
· Assessments completed in class throughout the course
· Easter holiday open book assessments
· Non-examined assessments / portfolios
· Substantial classwork / homework / independent learning marked in line with specification
· Internal assessments (not exams) in May. These will be based on work students have been taught and students will be notified of the topics they will need to revise for these, but nothing more specific than that.
It must be noted here that the evidence we will use must be marked and assessed in accordance with exam board mark schemes and be in line with the specification. We will also use the resources from JCQ to help with grade allocation.