Last week we held several events aimed at helping you with wellbeing. You all know we had Safer Internet Day on Tuesday as well as PSCHE lessons and assemblies with regard to being safe online. You may also have seen on the news that Instagram are rightly going to remove images of self-harm from their platform too, in a strategy to help young people.
Our MRC Parents’ association meeting last week was also centred around wellbeing and was led by a clinical psychologist. The presentation is available for all to see on our website. In the Year 7 assembly last Thursday, MIND (mental health charity) came in to talk to students about wellbeing. One of the best ways we can support each other with this important area is to communicate how you are feeling. Please talk to us if you feel you need support – we want to help.
Over the last two weeks, we have been observing lessons across the College. It has been really good for me to receive great feedback on the work you are doing, your behaviour and engagement in lessons – well done!
Sports results for this week – thank you to all who represent our College:
- Year 7 girls’ netball team beat the Chichester Free School 13-1 on Tuesday. Abbie Nutting was lady of the match.
- Year 7 boys’ football team beat the Chichester Free School 4-2 on Thursday. Matt Brockhurst was the man of the match.
- Year 7 girls’ basketball team had a very positive performance in their friendly again St Philip Howard on Thursday. Lowri Cole was lady of the match.
Notices for the week:
- Celebration assemblies on Friday (more info from your tutors on this)
- Year 11 into 12 Taster day on Friday
- Year 11 internal exams after half-term
- LGBT month
- Valentine’s Day on Thursday
- Head Boy and Girl interviews were held on Friday. We will announce who was appointed early this week
Have a good week.