This half-term has gone by very quickly and we are very nearly at the Easter holiday!
I would like to thank you all for your continued hard work, good behaviour and attitude in and around the College. I mention to you all quite often that we don’t get everything right all the time - no one does, but it is important that even when we get things wrong, we try harder to do better; I see this in our College on a daily basis.
I have been into lots of lessons this half-term, especially into Year 11 classes and am very impressed with the work you are producing. It is really important that we keep this up in all year groups and that the exam classes make sure they revise over the Easter break. Time spent now working and revising pay off in the summer.
It was good to see Year 11 students and parents in College on Tuesday evening for the ‘final push’ evening and I must also say well done to Miss Parker’s drama club for the performance on Wednesday. Some of our Year 9 students also took part in the ‘Be The Change’ programme on Tuesday and I received fantastic feedback from the course organisers - well done to those students. We are a community school and it was really positive to see local primary school children in our College for an art day this week.
- Year 11 assessments in theatre on Tuesday
- Year 8 Parents/Carers Evening Tuesday 17.00 - 20.00
- Get Ahead, Stay Ahead work will be sent home this week
- Residential trips to France and Poland will depart at the end of the week - have a great trip!
- Term finishes on Friday at the normal time of 13.40 for students. A reminder that this will not be a non-uniform day as we recently held one for Comic Relief
Have a good week and a great Easter break