Coronavirus: staying healthy, protecting yourself and staying in College
Coronavirus is in the news every day and most countries in the World have been affected by it. I wrote to your parents / carers about our response to the illness. Our priorities in relation to Coronavirus are the following:
1.) to respond in a proportionate and measured way;
2.) to ensure all reasonable steps are taken to keep you safe;
3.) to follow the guidance provided by Public Health England
Coronavirus is affecting more people across the country. Whilst this a concern and the families across the country who have been affected are in our thoughts, there is no need to be unduly alarmed about this or to change anything in College. There are some very simple things we can all do to help protect ourselves and each other.
- Make sure your hands are clean. We often rub our eyes or touch our faces and this is a common way to transfer the virus your hands to inside your body. We have places in College where you can use hand-sanitiser to keep your hands clean. Please also make sure you wash your hands after using toilets (which you should all do anyway!)
- Use tissues to sneeze, then throw it away. ‘Catch it, kill it, bin it’ is the phrase we all need to use and adhere to.
The illness appears to affect far fewer younger people than older people and children who have had the virus seem to have a milder version, in most cases, than adults and the elderly. We will carry on as normal and expect you to be in College in every day, as you usually would.
On another note…. Last week in assemblies I said there are three things we must all make sure we do consistently. Tse are: wear your uniform correctly, arrive to all lessons on time and make sure your behaviour is excellent in every lesson. Everyone has the right to learn and no one has the right to take that away.
Notices for this week:
- Gilbert Hannam day Thursday
- Year 11 drama exam this week
- Year 10 boys’ football final (good luck!)
- Year 7 boys’ football final (good luck!)
- Chichester literature quiz for some year 7 and 8 on Tuesday
- Sport relief on Friday
No sports results this week – hopefully we’ll have positive news form the finals for next week!
Have a good week