Our values: respect, happiness and achievement
You all know our values at MRC – they were chosen by you in 2016 and it is important that we all use them as a guide in our work and interactions with each other. I know we don’t get things all the right all the time – we all make mistakes every day (students and staff), but it is important that we learn from these and try harder next time to get things right. It is also important to remember that when we make mistakes, we don’t it deliberately.
Last week, despite it being a shorter week, I saw all of our values in action. I saw students helping each other, working hard in lessons and being respectful towards each other. It is great to see this and when we have visitors to our College, they always comment on how polite, smart and hardworking you are. Considering the quote ‘success is never final’ even if you are doing well, it is always possible to push yourself to do better.
Music and sport performances
Last week’s Winter Concert was fantastic. It was great to hear such positive feedback from staff, students and the audience from last Wednesday. Music is a real strength in our College and I am proud to see students performing and displaying their talent.
In addition to this, I am also proud that we have so many sports teams representing our College. I am grateful to the staff who run these fixtures, as well as all the students who represent us – whether you win, lose or draw is not as important as being proud to play for our College. Last week’s sports were…
- The U14 girls basketball: the A team won both their games and the B team won one out of three.
- The U16 girls basketball team drew both their games. Ella-Jane Creasy was woman of the match.
- The year 8 rugby team beat the Regis school by seven tries to one. Kyle Mcnair was man of the match.
- The U14 boys basketball team: the A team won both their matches and the tournament. The B team narrowly lost both of theirs.
- The year 10 rugby team lost to St Philip Howard by two tries.
A reminder that next week we have our Carol Services
Have a good week
Working hard and doing well