Blue Planet – doing our ‘bit’ to help the environment
Many of you will have seen the incredible footage and scenes from ‘Blue Planet’ recently. I thought the programme was truly inspirational – especially as it tackled pollution from plastic head-on. It was terrible to see the birds and aquatic life struggling to survive due to eating plastic. We all need to play our part to help with this by making sure all our rubbish goes in the bins. If it is dropped, it can be eaten by birds which could cause them serious harm. Our College does look really good, but we can all make an extra effort here. Thank you.
So much to update everyone on from last week....
- Well done to our Year 11 students for completing the Duke of Edinburgh Award. Great to see you receiving your certificates on Monday evening
- We also had the Rotary Awards this week in assembly – well done to our winners of these awards
- The Art, Design and Technology exhibition was fantastic on Tuesday evening – really good to see such fantastic work on display
- The Sport and Performance evening was on Wednesday – well done to all our winners
- Year 11 had their final GCSE exam last week!
Really well done to all – you are doing incredibly well and we need to keep this up, please. Thank you.
There is also a lot happening this week….
- Oklahoma runs from Thursday to Saturday – please make sure you get a ticket for this show.
- Year 7 are going on the ‘Big Bang’ trip on Wednesday
It is really important that we make sure we help others who are less fortunate than we are. With this in mind, ‘d like to remind all Year 10 students about the foodbank competition this week. A really great cause.
We also have our sponsored walk on 9th July – please do your best to raise as much money as possible for Chestnut Tree House. I can confirm that Years 10 and 12 will do the walk on 19th July (Thursday).
Year 7 boys came 1st
Year 7 girls came 2nd
Year 8 boys came 5th
Year 8 girls came 4th
This week saw MRC make history when we played in the first ever softball match to be played by a school in our area. The experience gained was excellent and we hope to have more fixtures next year.
Jess Hall qualified for the national athletics competition in pole vault last weekend. This is an amazing achievement and we wish her the best of luck at the English schools finals.
Have a good week.
A new week and a new look website!
A great week – well done!