The aim of the Sixth Form Dress Code is to allow you to be comfortable and to respect your individuality at the same time as remaining aware that the Sixth Form is a place of work; like it or not, first impressions count and we are often judged by external appearances. Consider whether what you wear to Sixth Form would be appropriate in the workplace.
In particular, follow these guidelines:
- No ripped or torn jeans/clothing.
- No unnatural hair colours or extreme cuts/styles.
- No tracksuits, unless it is required for a sporting event.
- No head gear worn indoors other than for religious reasons.
- No offensive words, designs, pictures or motifs (this includes swear words and drugs references).
- No crop tops, low-cut tops or tops of a see-through material. Tops should cover the entire shoulder area.
- No short skirts, even when worn with tights.
- No shorts, unless they are required for a sporting event.
- No neon coloured clothing/footwear.
Footwear should be sensible and comfortable. Flip flops of any type are not permitted.
For formal College events such as Gilbert Hannam Day, Prize Events etc, formal wear will be required.