At Midhurst Rother College we are aware that the transition from primary into Year 7 at secondary school can be challenging for both parents and students. During this period of Covid-19 school closures we are working hard on making sure that transition continues as best as it possibly can, even though this will look different in many ways. We know we can still achieve a comfortable transition which will give confidence to our new Year 7 students when they join us later in the year.
So far we have adapted our approaches;
- All Year 6 teachers have been spoken to on the phone to gather information about each student. This included individualised phone calls to the SENCO staff of each school to discuss the support for these students.
- We are introducing key members of staff to parents and students via a series of short welcome videos. Each of these will give you a bit more about transition and what to expect at MRC.
- Uniform is available online or via appointment to go in store. Please click here to link to Stevensons website. Ensure that you have registered with Stevensons if you choose to book an in store appointment.
- Some AEN and vulnerable students are being offered individual visits to site
- Our online Transition Evening will take place in July
- Every family will have an individual phone call from a member of MRC staff before the end of term to welcome you and to answer any other questions you might have. Until then, we hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any concerns about your child joining Midhurst Rother College in September 2020, please do not hesitate to contact us, directly on 01730 812451 or via our website Contact Us facility where we will get back to you as soon as we can.