Careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) programmes make a major contribution in preparing young people for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences that life demands.
A planned progressive programme of activities across all years in the College supports students in choosing 14 – 19 pathways that suit their interests and abilities and help them to follow a career path and sustain employability throughout their working lives. Midhurst Rother College is committed to providing a CEIAG programme for all students in years 7 – 13.
Midhurst Rother College’s Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance Policy has the following aims:
• to contribute to strategies for raising achievement, especially by increasing motivation;
• to support inclusion, challenge stereotyping and promote equality of opportunity;
• to encourage participation in continued learning including higher education and further education;
• to develop enterprise and employment skills;
• to reduce drop out from and course switching in education and training;
• to contribute to the economic prosperity of individuals and communities;
• to meet the needs of all our students through appropriate differentiation;
• to focus students on their future aspirations;
• to involve parents and carers.