MIDHURST ROTHER COLLEGE STUDENTS CELEBRATE OUTSTANDING A LEVEL & VOCATIONAL RESULTS
Students and teachers at Midhurst Rother College are thrilled with a superb set of A Level and vocational course results which will help students go on to top universities and high quality employment.
47% of A level grades were A*-B, and nearly 70% of grades were A*-C. These results once again build on the high standards established in the College’s Sixth Form.
There were some excellent individual results, including:
- Sebastian Barrett – A*, A, B (King’s College London – Chemistry)
- Oliver Banting – Double Distinction*, B, C (University of Kent – Accounting)
- Harry Chard – Double Distinction*, B, C (Level 4 apprenticeship)
- Joe Casebow – A*, A, B (University of Bath – Mathematics)
- Matilda Chatwood – A, A, A (University of Bristol – Law)
- Emily Hillier – A, A, B (University of Exeter – English Literature)
- Lucy Keartland – A*, A, A (University of Bath – Politics & International Relations)
- Isabel King – A*, A, B (Art foundation course)
- Matthew Payn – Double Distinction*, A, B. B (University of Cardiff – Business Management)
- Harry Pink – A, B, B, C (University of Swansea – Genetics)
- Matthew Ray – A*, A*, C (University of Surrey – Computer Science)
- Lucy van Zwanenberg – A, B, B – (University of Surrey – Veterinary Science)
Dr Joe Vitagliano, Principal of Midhurst Rother College, said:
"Midhurst Rother College has established itself as offering outstanding sixth form provision.
“Excellent A level and vocational course grades are greatly sought after both in the UK and abroad, and the College has become adept at delivering these results. Whilst the standard for achieving high grades appears to increase from year to year, students at Midhurst Rother College continue to excel in these demanding examinations.
“Once again, a good number of Midhurst students have secured places at top universities, including those in the Russell Group. This year students have also secured high level employment following their studies at Midhurst.
“The dedication of teachers, the strong work ethic of students and the nurturing environment of the College shows what can be achieved. These results are a deserved reward for great efforts.
“The College’s unstinting sixth form provision gives students the confidence to know that they can go on to terrific opportunities in the future.
“These results are a pleasing way for me to start signing off as principal of Midhurst Rother College. However, the most important thing today is that they represent yet another endorsement of the College’s growing reputation as a sixth form provider of the highest quality."
Notes to Editors:
- Midhurst Rother College was judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in May 2013.
- For further information, please contact Gill Welsman on 01730 812 451.